To encourage and facilitate the attendance of young scientists and engineers to the Summer School, the European Federation of Corrosion (EFC) sponsors two Grants. The two Grants, covering the registration & accommodation fee, will be awarded to PhD students only. Please note that the travel costs are not covered by the Grant and need to be paid by yourself/your organisation! The Grants will be given primarily to students whose thesis topic fits best to the scope of the School and who probably wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend.
Who may apply:
- The applicant must be younger than 35 years at the time of NuCoSS-23.
- The applicant must be officially enrolled in a PhD programme and the topic/objective of this PhD programme must be directly related to the field of nuclear science/engineering (preferably nuclear corrosion).
- Only one applicant per organisation may receive a grant. However, multiple applications from a given organisation are encouraged.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, please fill out and submit the form below no later than February 28, 2023 (00:00, UTC+1). All applicants will be notified by March 15 about the acceptance or rejection of their application. The following information must be provided:
- Name and affiliated organisation,
- CV (incl. birth date),
- PhD student confirmation,
- topic of the thesis project the applicant is working on and duration,
- a short (max. 300 words) letter of recommendation and/or motivation, detailing why it is important for you to attend NuCoSS-23 and why it is difficult for your host institution to fully support (financially) your attendance to the school.
The event organisers reserve the right not to award all Grants if (in their opinion) not sufficient eligible and/or high-quality applications are submitted.
The application form will close in: