Welcome to the website of the European Cooperative Group on Corrosion Monitoring of Nuclear Materials – ECG-COMON!
The general objective of the European Cooperative Group on Corrosion Monitoring of Nuclear Materials (hereinafter called “the Group”) is to coordinate the European efforts on corrosion monitoring of nuclear materials in typical light water reactor (LWR) service, nuclear waste disposal, and other industrial environments in order to develop the fundamental understanding. More information about the Group can be found below and here.
CORONA UPDATE: Due to the Corona crisis and its (travel) restrictions it will not be possible to hold a meeting with full attendance even in June. Therefore the Executive Committee has decided to shift the 2020 meeting to June 2021.
Particular attention is focused on the following material systems and corrosion phenomena:
- LWR structural materials (stainless steels, Ni-base alloys, C & low-alloy steels used in, e.g., pressure vessels, piping & reactor internals),
- waste container materials for nuclear waste disposal,
- LWR fuel/cladding materials,
- steel reinforced concrete structures,
- materials used for new reactor concepts (supercrit. water, LLB, HTR, etc.).
- Environmentally-assisted cracking (stress corrosion cracking, corrosion fatigue, etc.),
- other localised corrosion (pitting, crevice and intergranular corrosion),
- general and flow-accelerated corrosion.
The financial support from one of our long-term members for setting up this website is gratefully acknowledged!
Cormet manufactures material and corrosion testing instruments for the lab and field environment. We are specialised in high-temperature, high-pressure applications. www.cormettestingsystems.com