The 18th annual ECG-COMON Meeting is hosted by Cetim. It will take place at Cetim’s Gand Est site in Mulhouse, France. This meeting will be followed by a POEAM meeting. Please find below the meeting information and registration form.
The ECG-COMON meeting may be attended by personnel from member organizations only, while the POEAM meeting is open only to POEAM consortium members (but you may ask the Scientific Secretary in case you are attending the POEAM meeting and would like to also attend the ECG-COMON meeting).
- Meeting registration deadline:
May 31, 2023June 6, 2023
The meeting will take place at Cetim Grand Est, in Mulhouse, France. Mulhouse is located in north-east France close to the German and Swiss border. The closest airport is the Euro-Airport Basel-Mulhouse.
Mulhouse can easily be reached from Basel-Mulhouse airport, by public transport or car. Please find more information below and on the websites of Basel-Mulhouse airport or of the public transport system Soléa.
Train/tram & bus:
Information on all public transport in Mulhouse area (schedules, maps, etc.) you find here: www.solea.info/.
Tram n°3 or Tram-Train: Direction Lutterbach Station or Thann Saint-Jacques, stop: Musees, then 7 minutes walk to Cetim Mulhouse.
Bus n°13: Direction Campanule, stop: Technopole, then 2 minutes walk to Cetim Mulhouse.
Arrival at Mulhouse train station:
Tram n°3 or Tram-Train: Direction Lutterbach Station or Thann Saint-Jacques, stop: Musees (16 min ride), then 7 minutes walk to Cetim Mulhouse.
Arrival at Basel-Mulhouse airport:
By car via A36: travel time: 35 min, see below.
By train/tram: Take the regular airport shuttle to Saint-Louis station, take then the TER train towards Mulhouse, get off at Mulhouse station, take tram 3 or tram-train, direction Lutterbach Station or Thann Saint-Jacques, stop: Musees, then 7 minutes walk to Cetim Mulhouse.
Arrival by car:
Exit 16A – Mulhouse/Les Côteaux: at the roundabout, take the 4th exit Parc de la Mer Rouge, take the 4th on the left rue de Chemnitz, Cetim Mulhouse is 50 m on the right.
Or: Exit 17 Mulhouse/Dornach: turn right onto Rue Léon Jouhaux, at the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Rue Marc Seguin, turn right onto Rue de Chemnitz, Cetim Mulhouse is 50 m on the left.
You will need to take care of the accommodation booking yourself. Some options, either close to Cetim or in the city centre, are given below (no pre-reservations have been done).
Some hotels close to Cetim (without pre-reservation):
- B&B Hotel Mulhouse Dornach**, 1 rue Marc Seguin, 68200 Mulhouse, https://www.hotel-bb.com/fr/hotel/mulhouse-dornach, 4 minutes walk from Cetim Mulhouse, single room with breakfast: approx. 70 €
- Holiday Inn****, 34 rue Paul Cézanne, 68200 Mulhouse, https://www.holidayinn-mulhouse.com/, 18 minutes walk from Cetim Mulhouse, single room with breakfast: approx. 122 € (“Cetim” needs to be mentioned for this special rate).
- Campanile Mulhouse – Morschwiller***, 1A rue de la Source, 68790 Morschwiller le Bas, https://mulhouse-sud-morschwiller.campanile.com/fr-fr/, 25 minutes walk from Cetim Mulhouse, single room with breakfast: approx. 85 €.
Hotels close to the city centre (without pre-reservation):
- Best Western – Hotel Salvator***, 29 Passage Central, 68100 Mulhouse, https://www.hotel-mulhouse-salvator-centre.fr/, single room with breakfast: approx. 110 €.
- Hotel de Bale**, 19 Passage Central, 68100 Mulhouse, https://hoteldebale.com/fr, single room with breakfast: approx. 80 €.
- Hotel Bristol***, 18 Avenue de Colmar, 68100 Mulhouse, http://www.hotelbristol.com/fr/, single room with breakfast: approx. 80-100 €.
The ECG-COMON meeting will start at 8:45 on Monday (June 19) and will end approx. 13:45 (with lunch) on Tuesday (June 20). The programme of the ECG-COMON meeting will be available only approx. one week before the meeting.
Common meals and social programme:
- Sightseeing, Sunday, June 18, 14:00: For people interested, a trip will be organized to the Alsatian vineyard with wine degustation at a local producer. Places are limited for this event (depending on number of available cars). Please indicate your participation in the registration form and directly contact Françoise Liautaud to arrange the car pick-up.
- Welcome reception, Sunday, June 18, 19:00: The welcome reception will be held at Auberge du Zoo (31, avenue de la 9ème D.I.C, Mulhouse) with snacks and drinks. Thanks to the sponsorship of Cormet, there is no extra charge for this event. Please indicate your participation in the registration form. Auberge du Zoo can be reached by bus n°C7 (direction: Hôpital E. Muller) or n°57 (direction: Stiermatt, stop Zoo (operating time on Sundays: 5:00-22:00).
- Lunch, Monday, June 19.
- “Conference dinner”, Monday, June 19, 18:00-23:00: The dinner will take place at Musée National de l’Automobile, Mulhouse and is sponsored by Ivium and Cetim. After a private visit of the museum with its collection of vehicles, a buffet will be served for all attendees. Please indicate your participation in the registration form. Musée National de l’Automobile can be reached by bus n°C5 (stop Musée de l’Auto, operating time: 6:00-23:00) or by tram n°1 (direction Châtaignier, stop Musée de l’Auto, operating time: 4:00-23:00). A parking is available for people coming by car. Visitor entrance: 17 rue de la Mertzau, Mulhouse.
- Lunch, Tuesday, June 20.
Please register for the meeting no later than June 6 via the registration form below. An attendance fee of 180 € (incl. VAT) per attendee needs to be charged, covering meeting facilities, coffee breaks, meals, and bus ticket for Mulhouse. Cetim will send pro-forma invoices for the attendance fee after your meeting registration, which you need to pay via bank transfer.
Those attending only the POEAM meeting do not need to pay the fee, but also need to register attendance via the registration form below (until June 6).
Cancellation policy: The fee will be refunded for cancellations received in written form (e-mail) until May 31. No refund can be made for cancellations from June 1 onward.
- Questions or requests for the local host: Françoise Liautaud, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +33 3 89 32 72 23 or Tiphaine Schott, e-mail : email@example.com, phone : +33 3 89 32 72 20
- Questions concerning the scientific part of the ECG-COMON meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bojan)
- Cetim Grand Est website: https://www.cetimgrandest.fr/
- Cetim website: https://www.cetim.fr/
- Mulhouse bus and tram information: https://www.solea.info/
- Mulhouse for visitors: https://www.tourisme-mulhouse.com/
- Basel-Mulhouse airport (BSL): https://www.euroairport.com/en/