The 17th annual ECG-COMON Meeting is hosted by the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI). It will take place at PSI in Villigen, Switzerland. Please find below the meeting information. The registration form will open around January 2022.
The meeting may be attended by personnel from member organizations only!
- Hotel room reservation cut-off date (only Hotel Hirschen): April 30, 2022
- Meeting registration deadline: May 16, 2022
The meeting will take place at PSI, in Villigen, Switzerland. Villigen is is located in northern Switzerland between Zürich and Basel and can be reached by public transport from Zürich (https://www.zurich-airport.com/) and Basel-Mulhouse (https://www.euroairport.com/en/) international airports (see map below).
PSI is located about 40 km north-west of Zürich and 60 km east of Basel. It can be easily reached from Zürich airport (best option) or Basel-Mulhouse airport by public transport or car. For more information please download the travel document and visit the websites of Zürich or Basel-Mulhouse Airport.
For the social events some shuttle bus services will be available, but if someone will attend by car/rental car, please let the local host know in advance!
Train & bus:
To get from the airport to Villigen/PSI you can use train & bus.
The trip from Zürich airport to Villigen takes approx. 1 h 15 min, changing in Zürich main station and in Brugg. The bus (no. 376) from Brugg to Villigen/PSI leaves right beside the train station from bus platform “B” (the bus to Villigen runs weekdays every 30 min, evenings/weekend every hour).
Please find timetables and buy tickets (valid for train & bus): here.
A few rooms have been pre-reserved in a small hotel nearby PSI in Villigen (see below). But you will need to take care of the accommodation booking yourself. It is most convenient to stay in Villigen (5 min by bus or 20 min by foot to PSI) or Brugg (20 min by bus). Another option would be Baden (20 min by train & bus; 1 change needed).
Pre-reserved rooms until April 30 (mention the code “ECG-COMON”):
- Restaurant & Hotel Hirschen, Villigen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: +41 56 284 1181, small hotel with simple but good rooms, close to PSI (approx. 20 min walking or 5 min by bus) and also good connections to Brugg by bus (connections: weekdays every 30 min, evenings/weekend every hour): approx. 90.- CHF (single room incl. breakfast & tax) or 75.- CHF with shared bathroom
Other hotels (without pre-reservation):
- B&B Weingut Schödler, Villigen, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +41 79 672 60 71, rooms are with shared bathroom : 70.- CHF (single room incl. breakfast & tax)
- Hotel Terminus, Brugg, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +41 56 460 2525, directly opposite the train & bus station: 120.- to 160.- CHF (single room incl. breakfast & tax)
- Hotel Rotes Haus, Brugg, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +41 56 441 5444: 105.- CHF (single room incl. breakfast & tax), you need to mention that you are attending a meeting at PSI for the reduced rate!
- Trafo Hotel Baden, Baden, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, +41 56 203 8080, in walking distance to the train station: 95.- to 160.- CHF (single room incl. breakfast & tax).
The ECG-COMON meeting will start at 9:00 on Monday (June 13) and will end approx. 12:00 (with lunch) on Tuesday (June 14). The programme of the ECG-COMON meeting will be available at a later stage.
Common meals and a social programme will be organised:
- Sightseeing/hiking tour, Sunday, June 12, approx. 9:00: Transport to central Switzerland; “climbing” a mountain (probably Stoos/Fronalpstock) by cable car & optional hiking tour with lunch break. A small fee of approx. 70.- € (incl. transfer, cable car & lunch) will be charged for the tour and spaces will be limited to about 12 persons (“first-come first-serve”).
- Welcome reception, Sunday, June 12, 19:00: Some typical Swiss raclette cheese and local white wine will be served in Villigen. Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Gamry this event will be free of charge!
- Light lunch, Monday, June 13.
- “Conference dinner”, Monday, June 13, 19:00 – 22:00: We will be on a boat, which will take us along the river Rhein to Nuclear Power Plant Leibstadt (but no visit of the NPP is possible) and back. A dinner buffet will be served on the boat (containing meat and vegetarian options). Cormet will kindly cover the boat rent and all your drinks, so only the food needs to be paid by yourself (27 €, to be paid on the boat)!
- Light lunch, Tuesday, June 14.
Please register for the meeting(s) no later than May 16 via the registration form below (the form will become available around January 2022). No meeting fee needs to be charged (except for the sightseeing tour), thanks to the sponsorship of Cormet, Gamry and PSI.
Cancellation policy: In case you need to cancel after May 16 and have registered for the sightseeing tour, the tour fee needs to be charged. For cancellations after June 2, additionally the Monday dinner (27 €) needs to be paid. Otherwise there are no cancellation costs (for the hotel rooms cancellation costs might be involved).
- Questions or requests for the local host: email@example.com
- Questions concerning the scientific part of the ECG-COMON meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bojan)