Please note that the MEACTOS project meeting may only be attended by members of the MEACTOS project consortium.
- Hotel room reservation cut-off date:
extended until May 24CLOSED
- Meeting registration deadline:
extended until May 24CLOSED
- A taxi or shuttle ride from the airport to downtown Bucharest will take approximately 30 min and costs about 20‑25 €. Several options for pre-reserved transportation are: https://www.taxi2airport.com/en, https://kiwitaxi.com/en, https://www.rideways.com/en, https://www.davidintercar.ro/airport-transfers/.
- Licensed taxi cars are available on the ground floor, in front of the arrivals terminal with fares between 1.40 and 3.50 RON/km (between 5 and 14 € per trip). Touch screen terminals for taxi requests are available in the arrivals hall (yellow machines at right and left of the exit gates).
- The 783 Express Line connects Bucharest airport with the city center. This bus line runs day and night (at least every 40 min). A card valid for two travels costs 7 RON (= approx. 1.50 €). The bus station and the ticket desk are in front of the arrivals terminal (more info: here & timetable). Please exit the bus at the 13th stop (PIATA ROMANA) from the airport’s arrivals terminal, then it is approx. 10 min walking to the hotel.
- 1 person occupancy: 80 € per night in double room incl. breakfast, WiFi access and VAT
- 2 persons occupancy: 90 € per night in double room incl. breakfast, WiFi access and VAT
An alternative hotel would be Park Inn by Radisson Bucharest Hotel & Residence. Here we didn’t negotiate any special rates.
Common meals and a social programme are organised and consist of the following (please indicate in the registration form if you wish to attend):
- Sightseeing city tour (guided), Sunday, June 16, 16:00: Meeting in front of Hotel Berthelot. Thanks to the sponsorship of there is no charge for this event! The tour will take approx. 2 h.
- Welcome reception, Sunday, June 16, 19:00: The reception (free of charge) will be held at restaurant Caru’ cu bere (meeting point: 18:45 at Hotel Berthelot). The sponsorship by is gratefully acknowledged!
- Lunch, Monday, June 17
- “Conference dinner”, Monday, June 17, 19:00 (departure from Hotel Berthelot at 18:45): At the restaurant of Grand Hotel Continental. It can be reached by foot and we’ll have a wine tasting there.
- Lunch, Tuesday, June 18
- MEACTOS project dinner, Tuesday, June 18, 19:00 (departure from Hotel Berthelot at 18:30): At Jaristea Restaurant. We’ll need to take taxi(s) to get there.
A moderate meeting fee of € 130.- needs to be charged to attendees of the ECG-COMON meeting (no fee needs to be paid if you only attend the MEACTOS project meeting). After registration you will receive an invoice from RATEN ICN to be paid by bank transfer before the meeting.
If you need to make any changes to your meeting registration, please send an e-mail to the webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that you need to take care of the hotel reservation yourself (before May 24)!
- Questions or requests for the local host: email@example.com (Alice)
- Questions concerning the scientific part of the ECG-COMON meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org (Matthias)
- Questions concerning the MEACTOS meeting: email@example.com (Paco)
Other WONDERFUL links:
- Taxi/shuttle transfer from the airport: https://www.taxi2airport.com/en, https://kiwitaxi.com/en, https://www.rideways.com/en, https://www.davidintercar.ro/airport-transfers/
- Public transport (airport bus): http://www.bucharestairports.ro/en/transport/bus
- New odd link:
- Bucharest airport (OPT): http://www.bucharestairports.ro/en
- Bucharest/Romania tourism: http://romaniatourism.com/bucharest.html
- Weather forecast for Bucharest: here
Registrations received so far (click to expand)