The 16th annual ECG-COMON Meeting 2020 will be combined with a MEACTOS project meeting and is hosted by the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI). Both meetings will take place at PSI in Villigen, Switzerland. Please find below some preliminary meeting information.
Please note that the MEACTOS project meeting may only be attended by members of the MEACTOS project consortium.
- Hotel room reservation cut-off date: to be announced later
- Meeting registration deadline: to be announced later
Both meetings will take place at PSI, in Villigen, Switzerland. Villigen is is located in northern Switzerland between Zürich and Basel and can be reached by public transport from Zürich (https://www.zurich-airport.com/) and Basel-Mulhouse (https://www.euroairport.com/en/) international airports (see map below).
The ECG-COMON meeting will start at 9:00 on Monday (June 8) and will end approx. 12:00 (before lunch) on Tuesday (June 9). The MEACTOS project meeting will start at approx. 13:00 on Tuesday (June 9) and will end approx. 16:00 on Wednesday (June 10). The agenda of the MEACTOS meeting and programme of the ECG-COMON meeting will be available at a later stage.
Common meals and a social programme will be organised. Some preliminary information:
- Sightseeing/hiking tour, Sunday, June 7, approx. 9:00: Transport to central Switzerland; “climbing” a mountain by cable car & “soft” hiking tour with lunch break. A small fee will be charged for the tour and spaces will be limited to about 10 persons (“first come first serve”).
- Welcome reception, Sunday, June 7, 19:00: Probably some typical Swiss raclette cheese and local white wine will be served. Thanks to the generous sponsorship of this event will be free of charge!
- Light lunch, Monday, June 8.
- “Conference dinner”, Monday, June 9, 19:00 – 22:00: We will be on a boat, which will take us along the river Rhein to Nuclear Power Plant Leibstadt (but no visit of the NPP is possible) and back. A dinner buffet will be served on the boat (containing meat and vegetarian options).
- Light lunch, Tuesday, June 9.
- MEACTOS project dinner, Tuesday, June 9, 19:00: Probably some BBQ-style dinner.
PSI is located about 40 km north-west of Zürich and 60 km east of Basel. It can be easily reached from Zürich airport (best option) or Basel-Mulhouse airport by public transport or car. For more information please download the travel document and/or visit the websites of Zürich or Basel-Mulhouse Airport.
To get from the airport to PSI you can use train and bus, travelling via either Baden or Brugg. Please find timetables and buy tickets: here.
Details will be announced later!
Just some preliminary information: Some rooms have been pre-reserved in a small hotel nearby PSI in Villigen and in Brugg. But otherwise you will need to take care of the accommodation booking yourself. It is most convenient to stay in Villigen (5 min by bus to PSI), Brugg (15 min by bus) or Baden.
The registration form will open here around March 2020.
Either no or only a moderate meeting fee will be charged to attendees of the ECG-COMON meeting (no fee needs to be paid if you only attend the MEACTOS project meeting).
- Questions or requests for the local host: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions concerning the scientific part of the ECG-COMON meeting: email@example.com (Bojan)
- Questions concerning the MEACTOS meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org (Paco)